Two Parties One Gives One Takes
Because they are a group of diverse individuals motivated by empathy and concern for their FELLOW MAN in sharp contrast to Republicans who are primarily motivated by COMPETITION & Survival of the Fittest with PROFITS as their bottom line.
Democrats support the working man and woman, the UNIONS versus the CORPORATIONS.
We can thank them for the 8-hour workday and 5-day workweek and overtime pay.
We can thank them for the abolition of Child Labor and Safe and Healthy Workplaces.
Democrats support the Underdog: The POOR the DISABLED MENTALLY Ill ELDERLY IMMIGRANTS MINORITIES : LESBIANS, GAYS, BI-SEXUALS,TRANSGENDERS, QUESTIONING INDIVIDUALS
ENDANGERED SPECIES – Little fish and huge Whales Large birds of prey Bald Eagle and tiny birds, wolves, bears, cougars all part of huge ecosystems we all depend on.
They protect consumers from predatory loans -payday loans and car title loans, the only access to cash for the most vulnerable among us, and Credit Card charges that bankrupt individuals who may not be vulnerable, but still unaware of the small print on their agreements.
Democrats view Drug Abuse as a DISEASE not a CRIME preferring treatment over incarceration. They support funding local mental health clinics and therapy.
They protect the ENVIRONMENT PUBLIC EDUCATION /AFFORDABLE COLLEGE & VOCATIONAL PROGRAMS
Democrats support CLEAN RENEWABLE ENERGY – solar wind hydropower
They support WOMENS’ RIGHTS, especially when it comes to their decision to have children… or not. No woman should be forced to have a child unless she wants one.
They support REASONABLE GUN SAFETY RULES to protect the public from dangerous weapons in the hands of dangerous citizens.
And Democrats support PROTECTIONS aka REGULATIONS - Rules that protect the air we breathe, the water we swim in, bath with, and drink. Think Flint Michigan.
And most of all….Democrats believe in BIG GOVERNMENT and are willing to PAY for it with Taxes.
And before you all go “Oh my sweet lord, I’m retired, on a fixed income, I don’t want BIG Government I don’t want to pay more taxes….consider this:
United States Government Agencies (40) Which one's do you choose to eliminate?
1. Aid for International Development
2. Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms
3. Census Bureau
4. Center for Disease Control and Prevention
5. Consumer Financial Protection Bureau
6. Consumer Product Safety Commission
7. Customs and Border Patrol
8. Department of Agriculture
9. Department of Energy
10. Department of Commerce
11. Department of Defense
12. Department of the Interior
13. Department of Justice
14. Department of State
15. Department of Transportation
16. Department of the Treasury
17. Environmental Protection Agency
18. Federal Bureau of Investigation
19. Federal Communications Commission
20. Federal Emergency Management Agency
21. Federal Reserve
22. Federal Trade Commission
23. Fish and Wildlife
24. Geological Survey
25. Health and Human Services
26. Homeland Security
27. Housing and Urban Development
28. Internal Revenue Service
29. Labor Relations
30. Labor Statistics
31. National Aeronautics and Space Administration
32. National Highway Traffic Safety Administration
33. National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration
34. National Science Foundation
35. National Weather Service
36. Occupational Safety and Health Agency
37. Postal Service
38. Security and Exchange Commission
39. Small Business Administration
40. Social Security